Terms & Conditions
By accessing www.profit-loss.com ("the Site") or by otherwise accessing any content, software, products or services available through the Site ("the Content"), you are deemed to have entered into an agreement with P&L Services Ltd (“P&L Services”) and to have agreed to be bound by the Terms set out below. The Site is owned and operated by P&L Services Ltd.
- Intellectual Property Protection The term "Intellectual Property Rights" means, copyrights, database rights, trade marks, trade names, domain names, rights in logos, get-up and content, inventions, trade secrets and know-how, patents, all rights of whatever nature in computer software and data, all rights of privacy and all intangible rights and privileges of a nature similar to any of the above, in every case in any part of the world and whether or not registered; and including all granted or pending registrations, and all rights to make applications for registration in respect of any of the same. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Content and design of the Site and any material emailed to you or otherwise supplied to you in conjunction with our online products are the property of P&L Services Ltd. You may not use or reproduce any P&L Services Ltd Intellectual Property, including any trademarks, registered or unregistered for any reason without written permission from P&L Services Ltd. The software which operates the Site is proprietary software and you may not use it except as expressly allowed under these Terms. You may not copy, reverse engineer, modify or otherwise deal with the software.
- Use of P&L Services Ltd Content You may retrieve and display P&L Services Media Content on a computer screen or mobile telephone, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form for your personal, non-commercial use. If you do download material from the site all copyright and other notices must be kept intact. Except as expressly set out above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the Content of the Site. In particular, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission. No parts of any publication or site may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into any retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of the copyright owners. You may not reverse engineer, modify, decompile, disassemble or translate the Content (whether for the purpose of error correction or otherwise). You may not display the Content on a public bulletin board, ftp site, website, chat room or by any other unauthorised means. Written materials provided in printed or electronic form may not be modified, adapted, translated, or used to create derivative works without the prior written consent of P&L Services Ltd. Any use of P&L Services Content not specifically permitted above is expressly prohibited. Requests for permission for other uses may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and may be subject to a fee.
- Licence Fee, Payment, and Transactions Access to certain P&L Services Content may be subject to a fee or subscription. All payments (including applicable taxes) must be made in advance in a currency specified by P&L Services Ltd. You are responsible for the payment of all charges associated with the use of the Site using your Username, Password or ID. There may be from time to time opportunities to use the Site to purchase products or services from third party suppliers. In that event, your contract for such products will be with the third party provider. Payment may be made online with a credit/debit card by faxing, calling us or requesting an invoice to be sent to your company. The invoice will state payment options, including details of cheque and wire transfers. Squawkbox and online subscriptions delivered to subscribers located within the EU are subject to 20% VAT. VAT at 20% will also be levied on delegate and sponsorship fees for events held in the UK, regardless of where in the world the purchaser is located, and on delegate and sponsorship fees for events held in the EU for purchasers located in the EU only. All refunds that relate to P&L Services Ltd products or services are at the discretion of P&L Services Ltd. Refunds will be made using the same payment process used for original purchase. Any product specific offers, conditions or terms are stated at the point of purchase for that product.
- Terms and Termination P&L Services Ltd may, at its discretion, terminate or suspend individual or group access to all or part of the Site (including any right to access and use P&L Services Ltd Content) with or without cause by delivering notice to you. The rights of termination are in addition to all other rights or remedies of P&L Services Ltd provided in these Terms or by law.
- Changes to the Site P&L Services Ltd reserves the right, in its discretion, to suspend, change, modify, add or remove portions of Content available on the Site at any time and to restrict the use and accessibility of the Site.
- Registration, Passwords and Responsibilities Some parts of the Site require registration. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of and access to the P&L Services Ltd Content and Site using your username, password or ID. You agree to immediately notify P&L Services Ltd if you become aware of any loss or theft of any username, password or ID or any unauthorised use of a username, password, ID, or any other login details. P&L Services Ltd Media reserves the right to monitor and record activity on the Site,including access to P&L Services Content.
- No Warranty, Disclaimer of Liability and Indemnity Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the high quality and accuracy of the Site, P&L Services Ltd makes no warranty, express or implied concerning the Content of the Sites, which is provided "as is". P&L Services Ltd expressly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of satisfactory quality. In no event will P&L Services Ltd, its affiliates or other suppliers be liable for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) arising directly or indirectly from the use of (or failure to use) or reliance on the Content, even if P&L Services Ltd has been advised of the possibility that such damages may arise. P&L Services Ltd does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the Content appearing on the Site, or that the Site or related systems are free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties. In the event that P&L Services Ltd incurs any liability whatsoever, the aggregate liability shall not exceed the amount that you originally paid for the service. Except in respect of fraudulent misrepresentation, this Agreement together with any order form and payment method instructions set forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter herein. Any prior written or verbal agreements are superseded by this Agreement.
- Force Majeure P&L Services Ltd, its affiliates and its information providers will not be liable or deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance or interruption of the delivery of P&L Services Ltd Content resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond its or their reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
- Links To Third Party Websites The Site may contain links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. P&L Services Ltd does not operate or control in any respect any information, products or services on such third party sites. Links are provided solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by P&L Services Ltd and/or its suppliers. You assume sole responsibility for use of third party links and pointers.
- Miscellaneous Changes to these Terms P&L Services Ltd may, at its discretion, change these Terms (including those relating to your use of the Sites and/or the P&L Services Ltd Content). When the Terms are changed, P&L Services Ltd will notify you by email or by publishing details of those changes by including them in these Terms. Rights of reply If at any time you, or your organisation, have a complaint or comment to make about the Content featured within the Sites they should contact the editor, whose details appear on the site. Advertising and Third Party Content Parts of the Site may contain advertising or other third party content. Advertisers and other content providers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with international and national law. P&L Services Ltd is not responsible for any third party content or error, omission or inaccuracy in any advertising material. Invalid Provision If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, P&L Services Ltd shall amend the invalid provision in such reasonable manner as achieves the intention of the parties without illegality, or at P&L Services Ltd's discretion such provision may be severed from this agreement and the remaining provisions shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect. Any cause of action of yours with respect to these Terms must be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction in England and Wales.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms or the legal relationship established by them, and for those purposes irrevocably submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the English courts.